Okay, I have a quiz for you. It’s a health and fitness quiz that tests your knowledge of what’s current in exercise and diet. I like to stay up on what’s happening in the world, don’t you? So, why not be up on what is better for us to eat, drink, and fun ways to exercise? Some of the answers may surprise you.
1. If you are calorie and fat gram counting, which of the following choices from Chick-Fil-A should you make
a. Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich
b. Chicken Strips Salad
c. Chicken Chargrilled Cool Wrap
2. A 16 oz. serving of a specialty drink at Starbucks contains calories. Which one of the following has hte least amount of fat grams?
a. Vanilla Latte
b. Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte
c. Orange Mango Banana Blend
3. Drinking one can per day of sugar sweetened soft drinks will add 15 lbs. per year to our weight. Why do researchers say that diet soft drinks are bad for us?
a. The chemicals in the cans can cause cancer.
b. They still contain calories.
c. They condition our taste buds to crave super-sweet foods.
4. Most calorie burning norms are based on a 150 lb. person. The more you weigh, the more calories you burn per activity. Based on the 150lb norm, which of the following leisure activities burns more calories per hour?
a. Singles Tennis
b. Golf, using a power cart
c. Shooting baskets, Basketball
5. What is the newest, hottest group exercise craze?
a. Indoor Cycling
c. Hula Hoop Dance
1. (a) The Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich. It has 260 cal./3 grams of fat, as opposed to the Chargrilled Chicken Cool Wrap with 410 cal./12 grams of fat, or the Chicken Strips Salad with 450 cal./ 22 grams of fat. http://www.chickfila.com/#nutrition
2. (b) Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte 130 cal./ 0 fat. The Orange Mango Banana Blend has 250 cal./2 grams of fat, and the Vanilla Latte has 250 cal./6 grams of fat. http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nutrition_info.asp
3. (c) They condition our taste buds to crave super-sweet foods. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-drinks/
4. ( a.) Singles Tennis Shooting baskets – 306 cal. per hr., Golf using a power cart = 238 per hour. http://caloriecount.about.com/activities-sports-ac15
5. It depends on who you ask, as to what the hottest fitness craze is, but the newest hot one is (b)Zumba http://www.zumba.com You can see my take on Zumba at https://archerfitpress.wordpress.com/2008/04/11/zumba-rhumba/
A five question fitness quiz is short, but if you follow all the links, you will be on information overload and can come up with your own quizzes. Our food and drink is full of unhealthy ingredients. A heads up beats ignorance hands down.