When we think about beauty products, our minds instantly visualize a cosmetics counter, or our favorite night cream, lipstick, or makeup. Generally, we don’t think much about how food can affect our beauty, both inside and out. The statement, ‘we are what we eat’ is true. Fill your body with fatty foods and your body jiggles. Fill it with healthy foods, and it will tone up and trim down. Your skin will reap the rewards of eating good food and drinking lots of water.
Here are the top ten beauty foods:
1. Organic Eggs– Also known as Mother Nature’s perfect food, because eggscontain complete protein, which is needed for building and repair of muscle tissue.
2. Broccoli– cabbage, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower are other examples. All of these vegetables have been linked to preventing breast cancer, prostate, uterus, and cervical cancers.
3. Berries– all berries provide antioxidant protection from free radicals and are low in glycemic value. For anti aging properties, blueberries are the best, plus they actually help neurons in the brain communicate with each other more effectively, resulting in better memory.
4. Salmon – (wild) One of the best sources for the omega-3 fatty acids, which are helpful to the brain, heart, memory, circulation, and blood sugar control.
5. Nuts– preferably raw. These are great sources for protein, fatty acids, and fiber. They can lower cholesterol. Almonds are particularly know for this. Walnuts contain the highest amount of omega fats of any nuts and aid in brain function.
6. Spinach– one of the best sources of calcium, folic acid, vitamins C & K, and the mineral iron.
7. Extra Virgin Olive Oil – is a natural anti-inflammatory. It is associated with lowering your risk for heart disease, stroke, breast and lung cancer, and some forms of dementia. Weight Watchers suggests daily consumption of olive oil.
8. Kale– antioxidant and cancer fighting plant, aiding in protection against breast, cervical, and colon cancers.
9. Fish Oil– supposedly pefect for our skin, because of it’s ant-inflammatory properties. It’s great for cardiovascular function, brain, inflammation and redness in the eyes, and supports healthy joints.
10. Vitamin/Mineral Supplements – a complete multiple mineral/vitamin supplement. No matter how hard we may try, we can’t get sufficient nutrition from food alone. We need the support of a good supplement, taken daily.
My advice is to load up on these healthy foods, exercise, sleep, and take your vitamins, for a healthy mind and body.